- More Real Than Television
- Google Magenta’s AI melody and 4 Canadian songwriters
- Update to music remixing vs. remastering
- Music Remixing vs. Remastering: What was licensed in the ABS v. CBS lawsuit?
- Why “Stairway to Heaven” Doesn’t Infringe “Taurus” Copyright: analysis & demo of “scenes a faire” motif common to both
Monthly Archives: August 2016
Google’s Magenta artificial intelligence (AI) project produced a basic piano melody that was then given a drum machine background (apparently added by humans not an AI program) and released to the public: https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6577761/Google_-_Magenta_music_sample.0.mp3 Canadian media outlet The Star had four songwriters … Continue reading
In response to my last post on remixing versus remastering, Kevin Erickson of the Future of Music Coalition helpfully pointed out some further nuances in the distinction between the two.
Should new digital versions of classic old analog recordings sound essentially the same as the originals, or provide a fresh take on them? For some record labels with valuable old sound recordings, licenses that should have established the labels’ decisions … Continue reading